Jul 30, 2012

My Hex-Tote

Good morning my lovely people!
Hope you all had a great n fun filled weekend. The sun showed up at last, after a week of continuous cyclonic rain here in HK. The little people basked in the sun and in general it was a good weekend.

Ok, have you ever seen something and wanted it real bad? The moment i saw this bag i knew i had to give it a go. The problem was the colors. There were so many options. I wanted to use Red as i am generally wearing something which is red. And the pattern called for white. So decided on this combination.

It is a fun fun fun project. I had a great time crocheting this bag.



Thank you Alice from futuregirl craft blog. The videos and step by step instructions are so clear and easy to follow. I love her blog and admire her eye for detail and perfection. Lotsa lessons to learn :)

A few more clicks of my new bag which i absolutely love love love..!!!




Can you see these ends?


You know what is clever about this bag? Use a lining to cover this mess of threads up!


I sewed this lining by hand, i do not have a sewing machine as of now :((
Another neat trick to close the bag is this strip of titch buttons. Easy to sew them on, gives a nice finish to the bag. I dint want buttons as it is cumbersome to keep opening them. Zipper was out of question as i don't have a machine. This pretty much fit the bill :)
 

 A closer look at the hexagons....


 My latest model decided he has found a new play toy :)


Hope you guys liked this bag. Do visit Alice and crochet a hex tote for yourself!
Happy sunny week to everyone out there.

Love,
xxx



9 comments:

  1. Such a pretty bag - the colors you chose are perfect together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rajeshwari, Gorgeous bag and cute model too! I am going to make a hexagon bag too, but only after I complete the hexie blanket. I am an expert at leaving projects half done... ha ha.
    Love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. soo cute mode1! gorgeous colours on the bag

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANKS FOR YOUR VISIT. WONDERFUL WORKS!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your bag, but I don´t envy you for weaving all those ends.
    KATRIN W.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous bag! Loved the 'blue rose doily as well. Beautiful creations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful bag!:) Love the colors! your son is cute :)

    ReplyDelete

I am comment friendly! Would love to hear from you guys:)